
Hey everyone! This past week I finally found my way back to Sephora to use the VIB coupon before it expired. Decided to try some new products that I always wanted to. So I got the following:
1. Benefit Ultra Shines Lip Gloss "Life on the A List"- It is a really nice light pink color with a lot of shine to it. The packaging is great as the lid really does tighten down nicely. The only thing I am not too sure about the few times I have worn it is that the brush applicator is pretty small - not a lot of coverage on your lips with the brush stroke. Still a pretty nice lip gloss over lipstick or even by itself.
2. Sephora Lip Attitude Lipsticks - I actually really do like the Sephora brand for some of their staples. I have been a fan of some of the Nano eyeliner shades for a while now. So, I decided to try out the lipsticks as I was looking for some good neutral/pink colors and they were on sale! (Always nice to see) The two lipsticks that I got were Mauve Emotion (#G09) which is a sheer cool raspberry color and Romantic Rose (#G18) which is a sheer light nude rose. These lipsticks go on extremely creamy and smooth and you can either wear it with the nice shine that they give off or blot the lips leaving a great matte color. These do not dry out the lips at all and they last for a good chunk of the day as well. So far, I would recommend these lipsticks from Sephora.
3. Make Up Forever HD Powder - Ok, this was an impulse buy at the sample/travel size aisles before checking out. I did want to try this product just never really wanted to spend that kind of money for the full bottle of this loose powder. Well, Sephora had it in a trial size for a pretty good price (I think either $10 or $15 but cannot be too sure) So far, not much to say about this powder. Have not noticed any real difference to the setting of my makeup yet. Will keep you posted.
4. With my purchase and my VIB points I decided to splurge on the Tarte sample sizes bag which included the following: Tarte Smooth Operator - an Amazonian Clay illuminating serum; Tarte ReCreate - a silicone-free primer with wrinkle rewind technology; Tarte multiplEYE lash enhancing mascara and primer; Tarte natural lip sheer; and, Tarte park avenue princess mineral bronzer. Out of this pack I have only tried the primer and the lip sheer. The primer was ok - a little thin as I am used to Smashbox Photo Finish or NARS Pro-Prime but it really did not feel oily and my makeup did go on smoothly. The lip sheer was a very nude color for me as it is just a tad rosier than my natural lip color so it was really just like a nice nude lip balm. Nothing much too it. Not too sure about trying the bronzer as it really does look dark - even for a skin test and I do have very fair skin but we shall see if I can use it at all for a contour.
Then, while perusing Walgreens I decided to try wet n' wild's eyeshadow palettes. They were really cheap and I have heard great things about them (they even qualify for some MAC eyeshadow shade dupes!) Got the 3-color palette Sweet As Candy (#381B) which is a neutral bone shade, a nice brown and then a pink shade. I also picked up the 8-color palette Blue Had Me At Hello (#737) which is a nice palette with shades of blue, grey and black. I have been looking for a matte navy as an eyeshadow palette I have from the Sephora brand has some nice dark blues in it but the navy has a lot of sparkle to it and I am not that great of a fan. The nice thing about this palette is that it has a matte black and a sparkly black as well! Looking forward to trying some nice smokey eyes with this palette!
And finally I decided to pick up a new foundation as I need to start expanding my collection. Right now I use Clinique Even Better Foundation (#02 - fair) and I just love this foundation! It has an SPF 15 and really evens out my complexion and gives good coverage without covering up my freckles (which is a really tough task!) After doing some research I was trying to decide between Revlon's colorstay foundation and Revlon's Age Defying foundation. Well, the Age Defying foundation was on sale at Walgreens so I decided to pick that one up in Fresh Ivory (#05). I will keep you advised as to how I like it!
1. Benefit Ultra Shines Lip Gloss "Life on the A List"- It is a really nice light pink color with a lot of shine to it. The packaging is great as the lid really does tighten down nicely. The only thing I am not too sure about the few times I have worn it is that the brush applicator is pretty small - not a lot of coverage on your lips with the brush stroke. Still a pretty nice lip gloss over lipstick or even by itself.
2. Sephora Lip Attitude Lipsticks - I actually really do like the Sephora brand for some of their staples. I have been a fan of some of the Nano eyeliner shades for a while now. So, I decided to try out the lipsticks as I was looking for some good neutral/pink colors and they were on sale! (Always nice to see) The two lipsticks that I got were Mauve Emotion (#G09) which is a sheer cool raspberry color and Romantic Rose (#G18) which is a sheer light nude rose. These lipsticks go on extremely creamy and smooth and you can either wear it with the nice shine that they give off or blot the lips leaving a great matte color. These do not dry out the lips at all and they last for a good chunk of the day as well. So far, I would recommend these lipsticks from Sephora.
3. Make Up Forever HD Powder - Ok, this was an impulse buy at the sample/travel size aisles before checking out. I did want to try this product just never really wanted to spend that kind of money for the full bottle of this loose powder. Well, Sephora had it in a trial size for a pretty good price (I think either $10 or $15 but cannot be too sure) So far, not much to say about this powder. Have not noticed any real difference to the setting of my makeup yet. Will keep you posted.
4. With my purchase and my VIB points I decided to splurge on the Tarte sample sizes bag which included the following: Tarte Smooth Operator - an Amazonian Clay illuminating serum; Tarte ReCreate - a silicone-free primer with wrinkle rewind technology; Tarte multiplEYE lash enhancing mascara and primer; Tarte natural lip sheer; and, Tarte park avenue princess mineral bronzer. Out of this pack I have only tried the primer and the lip sheer. The primer was ok - a little thin as I am used to Smashbox Photo Finish or NARS Pro-Prime but it really did not feel oily and my makeup did go on smoothly. The lip sheer was a very nude color for me as it is just a tad rosier than my natural lip color so it was really just like a nice nude lip balm. Nothing much too it. Not too sure about trying the bronzer as it really does look dark - even for a skin test and I do have very fair skin but we shall see if I can use it at all for a contour.
Then, while perusing Walgreens I decided to try wet n' wild's eyeshadow palettes. They were really cheap and I have heard great things about them (they even qualify for some MAC eyeshadow shade dupes!) Got the 3-color palette Sweet As Candy (#381B) which is a neutral bone shade, a nice brown and then a pink shade. I also picked up the 8-color palette Blue Had Me At Hello (#737) which is a nice palette with shades of blue, grey and black. I have been looking for a matte navy as an eyeshadow palette I have from the Sephora brand has some nice dark blues in it but the navy has a lot of sparkle to it and I am not that great of a fan. The nice thing about this palette is that it has a matte black and a sparkly black as well! Looking forward to trying some nice smokey eyes with this palette!
And finally I decided to pick up a new foundation as I need to start expanding my collection. Right now I use Clinique Even Better Foundation (#02 - fair) and I just love this foundation! It has an SPF 15 and really evens out my complexion and gives good coverage without covering up my freckles (which is a really tough task!) After doing some research I was trying to decide between Revlon's colorstay foundation and Revlon's Age Defying foundation. Well, the Age Defying foundation was on sale at Walgreens so I decided to pick that one up in Fresh Ivory (#05). I will keep you advised as to how I like it!
No comments:
Post a Comment