Saturday, December 10, 2011

Review: Lip Balms

Winter is officially upon us here in the Midwest so as I am sure like everyone does, your lip balms get a nice workout this time of year. I have tried numerous lip balms throughout the years as my lips tend to get extremely dry during the winter months. With all the drying heat in stores and at work I need to keep my lips hydrated. Here are my top three lip balms:

1. Burt's Bees Replenishing Lip Balm with Pomegranate Oil. This has a little bit of a nice reddish-pink color which gives off a nice natural lip. The balm is not greasy and goes on very smooth. As with all lip balms you do have to reapply it but not that often throughout the day. This can be bought at any drugstore and at Walmart and Target (which is where I purchased it)


2. Chapstick Moisturizer Lip Balm. Now, there are many Chapstick products that I like, especially the Chapstick Naturals as well, but this one is my favorite of the bunch. It really goes on smooth, does not have any of the weird scents that Chapstick has started putting into this line - it also comes in Green Apple scent which can I just say - ugh! But it really just glides on and lasts especially outdoors. I have also used this on my lips at night before I go to bed. This can be bought at any drugstore as well as Walmart or Target.



3. L'Occitane En Provence Ultra Rich Lip Balm. This is my absolute favorite lip balm of all time. You know it's one of your favorites when you have gone through this product more than twice and you have multiple of it - one in your purse, one on your nightstand, and the other on your desk at work. This is so smooth and not greasy at all. With the shea butter in it, it smells amazing! Also, really protects from the elements outside - wind and snow. I also use this product all year round. It is just that good. When you put this on at night as a moisturizer your lips the next morning are very soft. Now this one is a little bit pricier than the other two and I but it a Sephora. (There are actually L'Occitane stand alone stores in the mall as well) I believe that it can run about $10.00 but well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment