Tuesday, November 29, 2011

New Skin Care Routine - For the Eyes

So, I am a little late to the game. It took the discovery of two wrinkles, one under each eye. While some of my friends say that they cannot see them, they look like huge crevices to me!! I am in the process of trying on different eye products to try to either lessen the lines or stop new ones from developing. I have researched, talked to friends, family and I even asked the people at Sephora (which is my new favorite store!) for their advice. I am trying the cheaper stuff first because, well, let's face it...who wants to really want to fork over at least $90 for an eye cream??

So - here is the list with some of my ratings:

1. Neutrogena Anti-Oxident Eye Cream - I got this from a friend for a present and have used it sporadically until recently. While the wrinkles are still there, and haven't diminished at all, my eyes are very moisturized. No dryness at all.

2. Garnier Ultra Anti-Wrinkle Eye Roller - I received this recommendation from my sister - "Say hello to your new best friend". While I wouldn't call us friends just yet, it has reduced some of the puffiness in the morning. Although more sleep would probably do that as well. It has caffeine in it so that is what decreases the puffiness. I roll this under my eyes in the morning if I have not had much sleep the night before and it does seem to do the job. Again, still the two huge wrinkles!

3. Shiseido Benfiance Concentrated Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream - I received this as a sample from an earlier purchase at Sephora. Decided I would give it a go until the sample ran out. After a week I had to stop. It was way too much. This product is so creamy and thick that it made my eyes really, for lack of a better word, oily. At least that is what it felt like. Always felt like I needed to wipe away excess product when I only put on a little more than a pin prick. Not good at all. Plus...still the two wrinkles.

While I know that I will probably never get rid of these two wrinkles, you can't blame a girl for trying. And yes, I am hoping for a gift certificate to Sephora for Christmas so I can get the $90 bottle of eye cream that I so want!

Will keep you posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment